The following are a few truths that I would want to pass on regarding life as a Christ-follower:
- Seek out a community of believers who are serious about following Christ.
- Read the Bible daily. Make it your aim to read the whole Bible. Far too many believers get only a very limited view of the story of God because they never get beyond a few favorite passages.
- Pray daily. Pray several times a day. Pray the Psalms (I have found this to be so helpful). Don’t hesitate to use "prayer books." (Such as: The Little Book of Hours: Praying With the Community of Jesus)
- Observe several people who have been Christians for awhile and who seem to be growing and maturing in their faith. Ask them what they have found to be helpful.
- Know that some Christians will disappoint you. Make sure that your faith is in Jesus and not human beings.
This is only a start. What would you add to this list?