Last night, we ate Chinese food with some good friends. A good time together. I think that I have picked up a phrase from my friend (the husband half of this couple). He often says (regarding something that has happened during the day) "And that’s a good thing". I find myself using this phrase as well.
"And that’s a good thing"
- My mother-in-law’s health is improving.
- Two sweet daughters who express their love in many ways.
- Charlotte and her patience (with me :).
- A number of people from church have expressed to me this week they are glad that we are back. (That’s reassuring!)
- Kind people who are helping with Christine’s wedding.
- Having good health.
- Reading a very inspirational biography about Charles Colson (A Life Redeemed).
- Big, beautiful peaches this week from the tree in our backyard.
- Air conditioning when it is 100 degrees outside.
- A wonderful 78 year old woman at church who told Charlotte how glad she is to be alive (a wonderful encourager!).
- A couple of encouragers who are new readers of this blog wrote encouraging notes to last week.
- The people who I work with in the office during the week who encourage me and serve a lot of people.
That’s enough for now. I want to learn to look for the "good thing" each day. I suspect that I often pass them by while I zero in on the on thing that troubles me. I want this week to be different.