11. Many women have a poor, low view of their body image. Today, in many ways, they are being told that their bodies do not measure up. Too heavy. Too large. Too small.
12. Wonderful, satisfying sex in marriage is not based on performance. Rather, it is based on seeing sex as an outgrowth of an intimate relationship. Far too many couples put tremendous pressure on one another because of the performance view of sex.
13. Many married couples have no idea how to handle their â€œdiscretionaryâ€ spending. Consequently, if the kids want something and the parents see the money in the bank, these kids get it. (â€œUhh, well weâ€™ve got the moneyâ€) Meanwhile, the amount of credit card debt that is being accumulated by some couples is astounding!
14. Husbands and wives need to think about practical ways to give their mates pleasurable moments in the relationship. That does not begin in the bedroom, but in small but thoughtful moments. Great pleasure can be found in marriage.
15. Some men and women are very angry people. This unresolved anger may be the result of unresolved issues with parents, friends, or others that may go back many years. Now this anger has deeply impacted their marriage.
16. Sex in marriage is enhanced by honesty and trust. It is difficult to let yourself go with complete abandon (sexually) when you or your mate has a pattern of deception.
17. Many people say they wish to have a â€œChristianâ€ marriage. Yet, ultimately, this should mean that a husband and wife are allowing Christ to shape who they are both individually and as a couple.
18. Husbands who are too passive drive their wives nuts! Far too many guys are not mean, rude, obnoxious, etc. However, they are silent. These passive men put their wives in the position of always having to take the initiative. That can leave these wives feeling very much alone.
19. Husbands and wives need to take the long view of things. That kind of vision takes much persistence and prayer. A spouse might ask herself/herself, â€œWhat kind of married person do I wish to be in ten years?â€
20. Decide that you will put positive energy into the marriage instead of draining the energy from your marriage.