(My hot dog, “The Windy City Dog,” is on the far right.)
The sign is right; these hot dogs are amazing.
Yet, I am even more grateful to be able to witness some amazing people.
1. Husbands and wives who are committed to one another and Jesus and who find joy even as they work through their marital issues.
2. People who are generous with their money, supporting good works and ministries that bless people on the margin.
3. Ministers who are relentless about growing and learning though they have served in their roles for many years.
4. Men and women who keep abreast of the important political issues of the day yet temper their conversations regarding these issues with wisdom and grace.
5. Couples in their 20s who are getting serious about Jesus, serving him through their work and mission trips and volunteering with ministries that serve disadvantaged neighborhoods.
6. Teenagers who spend their spring break serving the poor and giving their time to others instead of going where they could relax and do what they wanted for fun.
7. Men who grow up, refusing to remain little boys, and model kingdom living before their families.
8. People who are incredibly grateful to God though life has been rough and extraordinarily painful at times.
9. Family members who care for chronically or even terminally ill loved ones, often foregoing their own plans and preferences.
10. Mothers and dads who care for their special needs children with grace though it is exhausting and often incredibly difficult.