1. Today, I can choose to stop trying to be the perfect parent. Instead, I can choose to respond to these children with the energy and wisdom that God provides.
2. Today, I can choose to stop wishing for the perfect Christmas. I don’t have to spend my energy being resentful of the Christmas that others seem to be experiencing. Instead, I can make the most of the Christmas that I do have with the people who I am with.
3. Today, I can choose to lower my expectations of what can be done or accomplished today. Instead, I can be kind to myself (and others) by doing what I can and accepting this. All of us have limitations. That is a part of being human.
4. Today, I can choose to not be curt and abrupt with others. Instead, I can be a bit kinder and more gracious to others who, like me, have been created in the image of God.
5. Today, I can choose to not focus on my situation, my problems and my trials. Instead, I can open my eyes to others around me who have heartaches and may also be in pain.
6. Today, I can choose not to be on edge and demanding. Instead, I can be a less anxious presence among my family and friends. After all, it is the comforting presence of God in my life that allows me to a less anxious self.
Today will last for 24 hours and then it is over. This day is a gift from the Father. I cannot control what others say or do. By the grace of God, however, I can control my response.